Finance Ministry has issued order for granting Transport Allowance to Central Government employees as per census 2011.
Finance Ministry issued orders regarding the revised rates of Transport Allowance to Central Government employees as per Census 2011 with effect from 1.4.2015. The re-classification of cities/towns are specified in the list attached as Annexure.
G.I., Min. of Finance, Dep. of Exp. O.M.No.21(2)/2015-E.II(B), dated 6.8.2015
Subject:- Grant of Transport Allowance to Central Government employees
Reference is invited to Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure O.M. No.21(2)/2008-E.II(B) dated 29th August 2008 regarding grant of Transport Allowance to Central Government employees, consequent upon implementation of the recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission (6th CPC).
Read Also: 7ThCPC estimated Transport Allowance
2. The Government has since considered the re-classification of cities/towns/localities as per Census-2011 (population criteria) for the purpose of Transport Allowance. Accordingly, the President is pleased to decide the revised classification of cities, towns and localities, for the purpose of grant of Transport Allowance at higher rates to Central Government employees, as per Annexure-1.Therefore, the table below Para ‘1’ of O.M. dated 29.08.2008 stands partially modified as under :-
3. The revised classification of cities/towns/localities for the purpose of grant of Transport Allowance shall take effect from 1st April, 2015.
4. The orders will apply to all civilian employees of the Central Government. The orders will also be applicable to the civilian employees paid from the DEFENCE Services Estimates. In respect of Armed Forces personnel and Railway employees, separate orders will be issued by the Ministry of DEFENCE and the Ministry of Railways, respectively.
5. All other conditions mentioned in Department of Expenditure O.M. No.21(2)/2008-E.II(B) dated 29.08.2008 shall remained unchanged.
6. In so far as the persons working in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, this Order issues in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
LIST OF CITIES AND TOWNS ELIGIBLE FOR HIGHER RATES OF TRANSPORT ALLOWANCE ON RE-CLASSIFICATION OF CITIES/TOWNS AS PER CENSUS-2011
(WITH EFFECT FROM 1st APRIL, 2015)
|Sl.No.||NAME OF THE STATE/UNION TERRITORIES||NAME OF THE CITY/TOWN|
|(i)||ANDAMAN AND NICOBAR ISLANDS||—|
|(viii)||DADRA & NAGAR HAVELI||—|
|(ix)||DAMAN & DIU||—|
|(xv)||JAMMU AND KASHMIR||—|
|(xxi)||MAHARASHTRA||Greater Mumbai(UA); Nagpur(UA); Pune(UA)|
|(xxxiii)||UTTAR PRADESH||Ghaziabad(UA); Kanpur(UA); Lucknow(UA)|